Orders & Shipping
When will my order be shipped?
- All "In-Stock" items ship within 3-5 business days of the order being placed (unless otherwise stated in the cart).
- If an item is out of stock you can sign up for email alerts on when it's restocked! This also helps us gauge what products we should re-stock sooner.
- "Made-to-Order" items (and customs) take up to 2-4 weeks to ship.
- When your order ships, you will receive an email with tracking information.
How long will it take for delivery?
- U.S. Customers - First Class Mail: expect your order to be delivered within 2-4 working days. Please note that this is an estimate and sometimes there might be delays outside of our control.
- Priority Mail & Express - For USPS Priority Mail delivery is generally within 1-3 business days, with most locations only taking 2 days. USPS Priority Express usually guarantees overnight (1-day) to most locations.
- International Customers - Generally you can expect delivery within 8-14 business days. If you choose to upgrade to USPS Priority Mail International packages are usually delivered within 6-10 business days. Unfortunately, packages will sometimes be held in customs and delay delivery up to 3 weeks. The customer is responsible for any import/taxes.
I need my order sooner, can pay for an expedited processing time?
- Please contact us regarding expedited orders to confirm whether we can accommodate a rush order.
I need to change something about my order, what do I do?
- If you need to change something about your order please contact us as soon as possible to make changes.
- Please note that there are no guarantees about being able to make changes to your order once the order has been placed. We try to make, process, and ship orders as soon as possible to provide customers with a quick turnaround time.
- If your order has already been shipped out we can no longer make changes (such as change of address). We don't have the ability to re-direct the package if you have provided us with the wrong address, so please double check your information!
My order is being sent back! What do I do?
- Unfortunately when an order is sent back as "RTS" (Return to Sender), there is absolutely nothing we can do about it. We will contact you and confirm your address. If the reason the package was sent back was due to user error, then we will need to charge you for shipping again to send it back out. Here are some common mistakes:
- Name (on the package) is different than on your lease
- This one may seem weird, but some apartment complexes don't allow tenants to receive packages if the name is different than on their lease.
- Missing Apartment or Unit #
- Incorrect city and/or zip code
- Misspelled address
- It is not our responsibility to confirm your address. Please double check your address before placing your order.
- We need to wait until we receive the RTS package before we can send it back out again.
- If you no longer wish to pay for shipping a second time, we will cancel and refund your order (minus shipping costs).
- If the reason the package was sent back was due to USPS making a general error then we will ship it back free of charge.
I did not receive an order or shipping confirmation email. Did my order go through?
- When orders are placed (and when shipped), a confirmation email is always automatically sent out to keep you informed of the status of the order. If you didn't receive an email, it could possibly be any of the following scenarios:
- The email you provided when placing your order was entered incorrectly, so the email was sent to the wrong address.
- The email was sent to your spam folder or was accidentally deleted.
- Or, the order did not actually complete.
- If you cannot find your the confirmation email by first checking your spam folder, please contact us and we'll be happy to assist you. Please provide the email and order # that would have been associated with the order.
Can I add something to my order (that hasn't shipped yet)?
- To add an item or multiple items to your order you have already placed, please place a new order online for the extra items and use the discount code "ADDON" this code will make the shipping cost free. As long as the shipping address is the same on both orders we will combine the orders into one shipment.
My order is a gift for someone. Can I include a message or request special packaging?
- Of course! When you’re checking out, please let us know in the “Order Notes” section that your order is a gift and include any gift messages (in quotes “…”) for us to write for you.
- If you would like gift-wrap, you can add that in the cart for an additional $5.00.
Returns, Exchanges, & Cancellations
Can I return an item I ordered?
- Unfortunately, we currently do not accept returns. However, if there is a sizing issue with your order we do accept exchanges (on non-custom items). Please see the FAQ regarding exchanges.
- Engraved dog tags are considered custom items and cannot be returned/exchanged under any circumstances. Please double check that your engraving information is correct.
I ordered the wrong size, can I exchange it for a different size?
- If you need your collar in a different size than you ordered, you may request an exchange within 3 days of delivery of the item. Please contact us to request an exchange, be sure to include your name and order # so we can easily locate your order details. Please also include a note about which size you are requesting.
- You must ship your exchange within 7 days of delivery. The replacement item will be shipped to you within 3-5 days of receiving the original item, unless we are traveling for events, in which case it might be 1-2 weeks.
- Shipping costs for exchanges are the responsibility of the customer. We will cover the shipping of the new product to you.
- If the item you received is defective or there is an error in your order, please contact us and we will do our best to resolve the issue for you as soon as we can.
- ITEMS THAT DO NOT QUALIFY FOR EXCHANGES: custom designs, custom sized collars, engraved I.D. tags, costumes that are made-to-order. If you ordered a cat collar with a NON-breakaway buckle, or a dog collar with a breakaway they also do not qualify and are considered custom made-to-order.
Can I cancel my order (or part of it)?
- Unfortunately, we do not accept cancellations at this time, sorry! Please read all of our notices and be aware of shipping times and conditions.
What forms of payment do you accept?
- We accept all major PayPal and all major Credit Cards.
- We do not store your payment information in our system.
I have a promo code - where do I enter the promo/discount code?
- During the checkouit process you will see a field on the right side of the screen with a "Discount" field, enter your promotional code in the field and press "Apply".
- Please be sure to spell the code correctly and note the expiration date of the coupon code to avoid issues.
Where are your products made?
- All Pawsonify products are handmade in Los Angeles, CA, USA.
What collar sizes are available?
For most collar styles we have 5 different sizes listed below (for cats & dogs). Measurements are listed in reference to neck size (in inches). Certain collars have more size ranges to allow us to completely make sure the collar fits your pet.
Cat (One Size)
- Fits neck sizes 7-11″
Dog (Extra Small / XS)
- Fits neck sizes 7-11″
Dog (Small / S)
- Fits neck sizes 10-15″
Dog (Medium / M)
- Fits neck sizes 14.5-20″
Dog (Large / L)
- Fits neck sizes 18-26″
- Cat (One Size)
What should I do if my pet is in between sizes?
- If your pet is in between sizes, it’s always recommended that you order the larger of the two.
Can I custom order my pet collar length?
- Yes! We make collars of all sizes and can make any collar have a slightly shorter or longer band if it makes you more comfortable. Please note the sizes have different widths.
- Please contact us regarding custom lengths.
Are your collar lengths adjustable?
- Yes, our collars are adjustable in length. The length range is listed according to the size option you select.
What is the width of your collars? Can I change the width?
We have three basic collar widths: 3/8″, 5/8″, and 1″. Collar sizes have widths assigned to them.
- Cat and Dog (XS) sized collars have 3/8″ wide bands
- Dog (S) sized collars have 5/8″ wide bands
- Dog (M) & Dog (L) have 1″ wide bands.
How do I measure my pet's neck size?
- To measure your pet’s neck size, use a flexible measuring tape or a piece of string (then measure with a straight ruler). Allow enough room to fit two of your fingers between the collar and your pet’s neck. This will ensure your pet’s comfort when wearing the collar.
What is the difference between a cat collar and dog collar?
- The difference between the Cat and the Dog collar is the hardware. The cat collar comes with a BREAKAWAY buckle, a split ring, and a bell; the dog collar comes with a NON-BREAKAWAY buckle and a D-Ring.
What is the difference between the Breakaway vs. Non-Breakaway buckle?
- Both the BREAKAWAY (Cat) and NON-BREAKAWAY (Dog) buckles look the same in photos, but they function differently. The breakaway type is designed for use in cat collars primarily. It’s also known as the ‘Safety’ or ‘Quick Release’ collar – when pulled, with a decent amount of pressure, the buckle auto-releases to allow the pet to escape to safety. This is important if the cat has its collar stuck on furniture or a fence outside.
- The Non-Breakaway buckle is mostly used for dog collars – it does NOT release when pulled. This buckle requires a human to open it (by pressing in on the side-release mechanism). This is the type of buckle recommended for use with a leash.
Can I request a different buckle type (Breakway or Non-Breakway) for my collar?
- Yes, all of our collars are customizable and you can choose to have Breakaway or Non-Breakaway. We only carry Breakaway in the 3/8″ size, so if you choose to have a Breakaway buckle for a larger collar it will have to be a custom order. Breakaway buckles larger than 3/8" are only available in black.
Can I upgrade the hardware to metal?
- We currently do not offer this option.
I do (or do not) want a bell on my collar; what do I do?
- If you order a cat collar, a bell will be included by default. The color of the bell matches either the hardware or another accent of the collar. The bells are on split rings, so they are very easy to remove.
- If you order a dog collar, bells are not included unless you request it. Extra Small Dog collars can have a free bell included if requested in the “Order Notes” during Checkout.
- If you don’t want a bell, specify in the “Order Notes” during Checkout. We can either omit the bell entirely or include it on the side for you.
Do you do custom designs for collars?
- Yes! We do custom orders, however, the price is higher than the collars we have for sale in the shop. Price will vary based on (but not limited to) the following criteria:
- Do you need us to design the collar for you?
- Do you need a charm?
- Custom sewn parts?
The acrylic charm on my collar broke, what do I do?
- If the acrylic charm on your collar broke because a pet bit it, please email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will arrange to send you a replacement charm. A small replacement fee and shipping will be charged.
What happens if the collar breaks while using a lead?
- Customers are responsible for determining the suitability of our products for their individual situation. Customer accepts all responsibility by purchasing and using our products. We primarily make our collars for fashion purposes and warn customers that using the collars with leads is at their own risk. We are not responsible for any damages caused if one of our collars break.
Interested in selling Pawsonify products retail?
- Please contact us via the Contact Us page.
Social Media & Pet Photos
Do you want to share a photo/video with us?
- We absolutely love seeing photos from you guys! Feel free to email us photos/videos anytime. Feel free to post on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter and tag us @Pawsonify. Use #Pawsonify If you’re sharing a photo of your fur baby using one of our products let us know if we can re-post to our social media platforms.